Saturday, September 7, 2013

TGISaturday

My week got over-full at the end, so I’ll do Thursday’s and Friday’s posts now.

Thursday: So hard to put my energy in one place this morning. As I walk toward the bus stop that I pass each day, I start playing with perspective. Moving from side-to-side to see 002 what happens to my view. When I look through the camera lens, it becomes more fun to play with movement and shapes. Maybe noticing my perspective… I have a very full day coming. I have a training for a new, fabulous discipline policy. I need to create a sub plan that will work for my end-of-the-day, two-period-long, still-can’t-use-the-computers Reading Intervention class. If I view this through the Ugh So Much Work lens, I am going to feel overworked and grumpy. If I remember that a lot of last years problems were because we didn’t have a consistent discipline policy AND this is an opportunity for my student teacher to take the reins with the support of a sub – Well, maybe this will be just fine. Maybe, better..

 

Friday: So yesterday evening, I discovered there was no water…Looked outside and there was a police car and a water company truck. A water main was broken directly in front of my house. It was opening night for the Broncos, so the guys who had to come dig  up the street and repair the water main were missing the game. Fast and efficient. That’s what I like! 002

I am thinking of (dang! my ‘ecks’ key is broken – can’t say fi-) repairing things that are broken. Today, I have my first PPP meeting – That means professional ..um..program…um – something. It is a meeting ALL Jeffco teachers (or all Jeffco Strategic Compensation teachers, I think) have - to plan how to build the skills that were not their strengths on their last year’s evaluation. I will meet with my new (yahoo!) peer evaluator, the assistant principal, the principal, my Master teacher, and the coach. For the first time in my life, my evaluation last year was… NOT GOOD. I was angry, mad, ready to throw a fit. Then, I got past that and said, “Well, ne-t year I will bust butt and be practically perfect.” So here goes – What if the evaluation last year was accurate? I will be working as hard as I can to build skills to be the best teacher for my students. What if the evaluation last year was NOT accurate? I will still be working as hard as I can to build skills to be the best teacher for my students. So either way, I’m ok. Whether my teaching was broken or not it will be fi-ed. (remember – no ecks key)

No comments:

Post a Comment