Thursday, September 19, 2013

Kids walking to school

It makes me happy seeing kids walking to school. First, I’m happy because they are walking and not getting a ride. That’s a good thing. So many kids get rides from parents, even when they live very close. Let them get some healthy exercise, for goodness sake!Also, it makes me happy, because most of them are former or present students. I like living in the same community with my students. I see 002 them growing up, playing, babysitting, skate-boarding. Some of the younger girls just get so excited to see a teacher outside of school…Funny. Where do they think we live? This group was ahead and I was trying to figure out who was who. The young man is a former student – in high school now. Two of the girls are current students. One girl is at my school, but not my student. The last, I’m not sure about. All of them said, “Hi, Ms Hahn!” at the corner and stopped at the corner store – for snacks, I’m sure. Just a nice way to start the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment