Monday, September 9, 2013

Starting Early

I’m getting a really early start today, since I didn’t carry home stacks of notebooks and I NEED to get a first grading done. I’m really pumped. Feeling really good about my 001 planning for my reading classes. Feeling confident about making sure they know what they need to do and why they are doing it…everyday. I’ve got my goal (Students will use a character chart to analyze characters) in line with their activity (use a new character chart in small groups with “Seventh Grade” by Gary Soto) in line with our essential question (How does analyzing a text help me as a reader?). Woo! Read 180 went really well Friday, and that feels good, too. It feels especially good because we did a real class  – not team-building and games. And Mr-can’t-sit-still-or-ever-be-quiet, rock star!! He was a mentor, a leader in his group. Let’s keep up the momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment