Wednesday, September 4, 2013

“Have you ever seen the Rain?” (CCR)

I’m thinking of rainy day songs this morning. The slight rain feels so good. Not even enough to even get me wet, but I know the garden will be happy! I guess the lesson here is that we don’t grow if all we have are sunny002 skies. Rainy days are absolutely necessary.  Students so often say, “Can’t learning be fun?” Certainly, learning can be fun, but it, also, must be hard work. We grow by doing work we didn’t even know we could do, not by doing what we already know how to do. This year I am going to get WAY better at structure in my daily lessons. I’m great at flying by the seat of my pants – but that is not what students need. They need routine, clarity, and a complete understanding of why we are doing what we are doing. I’m actually excited, but a little terrified, too. The stakes are just SO high!

No comments:

Post a Comment