Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Expect the Unexpected

So, I left school about 20 minutes early yesterday to walk across the street to the dentist. While I was in the chair getting my teeth cleaned a giant hail storm started and the dental 003 tech started calling, “Hey, I’m seriously scared. Should we all go hide in the bathroom?” The dentist calmed her down. The storm stopped. All was fine and I walked home through 6 inch deep rushing water and little hail balls… in my high-heeled summer sandals. Some of the hail is still hanging on in yards this morning. Life is full of the unexpected. Probably one of the most important things I need to remember as a teacher. Seldom, really seldom, do things go just as expected - as planned. Our day is full of too many people with things going on in their lives that affect their day,,, and, therefore, ours. And they are emotional, very emotional, young people. I’m ready! What will happen today? I don’t know – but it will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment