Saturday, September 21, 2013

Friday…

Feeling pretty good about the week, but not really full of focused thoughts. Reading classes will be doing a web quest activity. They will be wandering some fable websites to read a few fables and look at the morals. I think looking at morals is a way for them to understand the concept of ‘theme’. The idea that the author of a book or story has a message that he/she hopes the reader will remember long after the characters or details are forgotten – Well, that’s new thinking for a lot of students. Fables and morals make it a little more accessible. Other than reviewing plans in my head and thinking about 001 homework I need to do before 10pm tonight, I’m just noticing random things,,, The gas station sign has no decimal point, so car washes are 150 dollars. But at least things are spelled correctly on the sign. That is often not the case. Also, noticed a really spooky looking tree. 002 They get all kinds of weirdly shaped when branches are cut back and cut back again to protect power lines. Maybe I’ll make a collection of spooky trees for students to compare for Halloween. If I turn this one sideways, I can see a dragon… with a REALLY long front leg…or wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment