Sunday, September 29, 2013

Such a week!

9/23-9/27 This week just wasn’t designed for reflection. Rainy some days. Chilly some days. The big issue though was 3 days of the week were adjusted schedules. And 4 scheduled 002 meetings for me. Two days we had block schedules, because the eighth grade had to be guinea pigs for a new test… Science, maybe. Then on Friday we had an early dismissal. Rather than 53 minute classes, as usual, they were 29 minutes. Then we spent the rest of the day working with our new SAT. (SAT= Student Achievement Team) My team is working on Writing goals. Another team is working on Reading and one on Math. The week actually went off well. Reading classes worked on both figurative language and point-of-view. The004 DHH (Deaf and Hard of Hearing) teacher did a demonstration, so that hearing students could see what it was like for DHH students.  Hear what it was like, I mean. I made plans to collaborate with the psychologist in finding ways for several of my 180 kids to be successful.  It feels great to have someone else trying to figure this out with me. Kind of takes the weight off.

View through my glasses>

No comments:

Post a Comment