Thursday, November 21, 2013

What a difference a day makes

Wednesday, November 20
Beautiful morning. Yesterday was too cloudy to see the moon, but today is clear and pretty. I'm pretty
excited (not to mention exhausted.)
The all day our on the computer finding data, assessing data, and setting and entering goals for each and every student on a literacy plan... left no time for Cheryl and I to write our unit test. So that is how I spent all yesterday evening. But I love it! I created a "Assessment Cafe Menu" of questions and activities. Light and Tasty choices - simpler tasks worth few points to Challenge Yourself selections - more difficult tasks worth the most points. Students will choose any combination to equal 15 points. I, also, included several pages of short nonfiction passages which they can use to answer some of the questions or find examples. I think students will love it - well, as much as they can love any assessment.

Thursday, November 21
Okay, snow. Not such a beautiful morning today.  I guess it's really fine. Many people love it. Slippery, though and cars are sliding. I texted Dani that cars are sliding all over Kipling.  Ooops, auto correct said '...cats are sliding...' Oh, well - If cats are sliding it must be really, really slippery. Anyway - my fabulous students are really impressing me with their effort and focus. Some will have to finish today. I spent a lot of time making sure they understood directions and felt confident with the format. I really am stunned at how engaged and thoughtful they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment