Saturday, November 9, 2013

TG I'm Back

Saturday, November 9: I am finally back from an unexpected absence from my blog. Switched to Windows 8 and developed LOTS of computer issues, including the inability to upload pictures to my computer. Most of them were due to lack of knowledge on my part - but knowing that didn't fix them :) Because I was, also, busy with Amendment 66 and the school board election and end of trimester... I didn't resolve the problem until today. (The problem with the election, I can't even think about...at all. What can't be cured must be endured) So, here is a favorite picture from the missing time.
This is the fabulous view when I walk in my room at several times of the year when the timing is just perfect. This view is inspirational and uplifting every day - Well, not so much on the cold, drizzly days; but this is Colorado. We don't have many.
I am feeling very optimistic about my classes and student growth. I found an AMAZING book by Gary Paulsen, Paintings from the Cave: Three Novellas, that is so raw and engaging that I start each day with it in Read180. Students have learned what it is like to believe in the reality of a character they know is fictional. They have talked aloud in front of each other about fear and nightmares and being alone in that place. Gosh, it is fabulous! What will I do when we finish?


No comments:

Post a Comment