Friday, November 22, 2013

Finally Friday

Friday, November 22: Oh - yuck this is like the worst kind of walking. There is ice under snow, ice on blacktop, slippery ice, black ice. I guess over break I NEED to find my YakTrax, for sure. Yes, 
there are some challenging days where paying attention to each step is pretty important. But...really great week!  No kidding - it seemed way more than 5 days, though. The best thing is the menu assessment and the kids' efforts. Today, all the 7th grade classes will be doing book passes and 'shopping' for books for book clubs (lit. circles, book groups...). No stress for them or me. Good conversations about books. And then it will be Thanksgiving Break. WooHoo!
I will be bringing home all the assessments, all the homework turned in today, and all the book pass sheets with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices - as well as a list of how many of each book the library and I have on hand. Oh, and I need to do all the goals and adjusted instruction for Read180 students in SOARS. But, the good news is I can do it sitting on my comfy chair in my comfy clothes. Sort of heavenly.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ms. Hahn,

    I'm glad you made it over the black ice and snow!

    I'm an old student of yours from the early 2000s. Not sure if you remember me, but I was in your homeroom at Everitt Middle. I was hoping to get in touch with you to see how you're doing.

    Thanks for everything you've done for me and so many others.

    Sincerely,
    Kira

    ReplyDelete