Friday, August 23, 2013

Fresh Concrete



August 23: The first Friday of the year.
I feel so well prepared this morning. That's very comforting. (I wonder what be running through my head if I wasn't an Eagles fan. "The sun's comin' up and I'm ridin' with Lady Luck..") I'm so excited at the way the seventh grade classes are totally engaged by their inquiry projects. They just bubble over with questions.
"Can we do a Prezi?"
"Can I do a survey?"
"Look at this color-word puzzle! Can we share it?"
"I found a whole timeline of the history of reading!"
So great to be saying, "Yes" so much.
Read 180 is another proposition. The 8th graders are so uninterested and don't see the value in effort. I guess reading at a 5th grade level does that to you. I WILL convince then that they are entirely capable of growth... somehow.
The picture today is of our new concrete on the play pad. I just smile walking across it, because it HAD been cracked and pretty sad. Clean and new demonstrates that students here matter. Our floors are shiny and polished. New technology. I think it sends the right message!
                                             
 

No comments:

Post a Comment