Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Focus. Come on, stay focused!

I just can’t seem to stay focused this morning. I have parents to call second period to tell them their children made so much growth they don’t need to be in reading support. Then I have to notify the appropriate person to change schedules. I really want to just curl up with a cup of coffee and read.  I’m not sure how long classes left-over presentations will take, so not sure how to plan class. Read 180 has testing, so no way to create an orderly class since they are crowded in a lab and get done at various times. Some kids there 028 today are moving out. Others are coming in. I’m really enjoying rereading old Hercule Poirot mysteries. Maybe we can all just read. Ha-ha! I have a meeting period 3. Another after school. Ah, well. I’ve arrived. I can’t wait to put the students pictures on the wall tomorrow – and I know my Reading classes will be full of smiling faces ready to go. I have a lot of great ideas to try out from Notebook Connections by Aimee Buckner. I’m going to use her “What I know about reading” today.  I’ll take a picture from my balcony and write my posted learning objectives! Happy Good Morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment