Sunday, October 6, 2013

Organization-Stay the Course

10/03 – Thursday. Today I have all day PD on the Reader’s Workshop model. This is a method to shape time in class. We begin with a warm-up which leads to a focused mini- lesson, then work-time (I can conference or teach a small group), then a closing.  It is a model than works with Gradual Release of Responsibility… I do, we do, you do together, you do on your own… and is a great organizing/teaching tool. I’m happy because I have a student teacher who planned the day and will work with the sub – So no sub plans for me!! WooHoo!

I am truly juggling so many things this year, if I don’t stay organized I will crash.

  1. Classroom/students: planning lessons, communicating with families, assessing progress towards goals.
  2. Classroom/my performance: keep in mind, but it directly follows student work.
  3. Team, Department, SAT, Committee work OMG, I’m feeling really full already!
  4. Graduate classes: I want to put great work in, but find myself not doing A+ work.003
  5. NEA+: New and exciting, just making discoveries at this point- Trip next Thursday!
  6. Things that aren’t education – like family, recreation, pets, cooking food

AAargh!I need to picture this part of my walk. It is the sidewalk/short cut between businesses and my school. Stay the course.. keep to-dos in mind… don’t stray!

No comments:

Post a Comment